Sunday 26 June 2011

Having a blast in the kitchen.. at night.


"Into the KITCHEN!!!" I shouted. "It's time to make our own  food." Tonight, my mother and I are having fun in the kitchen. We made homemade simple yet easy hamburgers and cupcakes. And I am going to share with you some of our recipes.

For the hamburger, we used minced pork(if you wish you can always use other meat), an egg, hot sauce, and some sauces. Then we baked the meat in the oven(which you can always choose to grill them but we used oven instead because it is much more easier) Followed by the bun. Lastly with a light touch of mayonnaise and pieces of veggies we enjoyed our hamburger. Boy it taste so yummy and the meat was so juicy that our mouth started to water even when it is still in the oven...

For the cupcakes, we it really simple. We use sugar, butter, eggs, self-rising flour and lots more secret recipes. Ha ha.. It is our first time making our own homemade cupcakes. My mother keep on mentioning about it being very easy and all. I guess she is trying to stay positive. Oh, well. It is our first time after all. So... I guess it will be better if we stay positive on the first time whenever we do something.

After having the cupcakes fresh out of the oven we have to let it cool down before we can start decorating or eating them.. Mm... smells nice... My brother thinks that we are are making cakes which turns out to be small cupcakes that overflow the cupcake holders. Well even though it is getting really late but we are still up making cupcakes.

The icing part is the hardest. It takes up most of the time. Actually if you think that cupcakes without icing is better then it might be fine if you were to just eat it up like the way it is originally. But since we already started with making it I think we should just get on with it.

In the end, the frosting takes lots of time because my mother didn't put butter into it. Can't blame her for that. The ingredients we used are too sweet.