Monday 5 September 2011

Letting go

I remember last year I wore my black jacket all day long in school. Regardless on hot day or cold day. I wore it even when my teacher told me not to. Everyone thought I was going crazy wearing such a thick heavy jacket all day long when the sun was so bright up in the sky. It went on for days and days until the teacher doesn't bother to care if I was the only one wearing it.

I thought it was crazy too but I had my reasons. I was cold even on a hot day. The wind that blew into our classroom could make goose bumps on my skin. When people see me, they thought that I was a sick person. And that was how I got out of trouble when I was asked why I was wearing a black jacket. They thought that I was sick.

Well, I guess I was wearing it all year because I wasn't ready to let go. I wanted to keep every single memory I could inside of me. That was something I never realize. I kept telling myself that I need the jacket around my body. I don't feel safe. I need it with me. I need to protect myself. I gave myself lots of excuses and reasons just so I could keep the jacket over my shoulder.

But, now I look back. I see that there was a lot of things that I wasn't ready to let go when I put on that jacket. I was afraid of the changes around me. I wanted to keep things the way they were. Yet, through out the whole year, changes happened. The universe was telling me that somethings have to be changed. While some, remained the same.

I have new friends who came to my life and went away. I been through relationships which broke in the end. I have grades that went up and down just like life. People around me became more different. I lost friends and found some more. My environments changed. I had a dog and lost it. Friends going to other places. People relocated themselves. Different people approached me.

All these things around me. They changed. I was the one remained the same not wanting to let go of things around me. Like a horder I kept everything and afraid to lose it. Until the end of the year, I realize that the universe was telling me it is time to change somethings about me.

For some people it takes a long time to let go of things around us. Most of us are afraid of letting go of the past. That's why we are always living in the past and not willing to move forward. We forgot that time fly around us. If we don't change, the year may change. People we see everyday will change to.

We have to take action to let go of the things that should be gone. We can always keep what is best for us. But what's best for us is to let go of the pain, fear, and lots of sad moments. What's to be gone, let it be gone. What's to be kept forever it shall be kept. Don't be caught by the past. It is time for us to move on to the next level.

I always remind myself by telling myself that we are the leaders of our lifes. If we don't move on, no one else will move for us. For the legs and feet we have belong to us and so does the path. If it wan't the path that we choose then do not regret. Turn around before you fall into the trap of past. If it is too late to turn, don't regret too. Let go of the burden and you can soar like an eagle. Choose another path that you can take. Regrets are tons of bricks that holds you down.

If you want to fly as high as you want. Then it is time for you to let go of the mountain you are carrying behind you. Or the bricks of burden that you are pulling behind you. Letting go of the things and you will feel as light as a feather. Like a danlieon you can fly high up in the sky and never let anyone catch you.