Wednesday 4 June 2014

I have a snail.

Yes, a snail. Like a snail snail.

I found it on the floor of my living room today. I can't pick it (cause you know snail can be male and female, IF I am not wrong) and it's practically so dry to the sense that the snail can't really move very easily. But my floor tiles are smooth so it is easier for it to move.

And I was watching it cause it kinda like don't do much at all when I placed it in a small container as it's home, it likes to move around a lot. It kept crawling around the container and out of the container. There was a drop of water on the outside and he suck it up. For a moment I thought snails don't drink  water. Well, illusion broken. So I thought 'hey, maybe it is very thirsty that's why it came in to ask for water to drink'. Yeah, that's me and my imagination.

So I got it a small cup of water, and it submerged itself into the water. I told it not to get it there and it just did. It's eyes were closing and opening inside the water. That moment I thought if snail's eyes are sensitive as us. Like their eyes can't be in contact of water as well. But maybe that's just this species. Maybe. Then it got out of the water and it's all slimy again. I guess he went in to get literally hydrated.

I call it "niu-niu" while "niu" actually means cow in Chinese. The reason I called it "niu-niu" (or 牛牛) in Chinese is because in Chinese snail is called 蜗牛。(wo-niu) And I don't know if it is a guy or a girl or both so yeah. Niu-Niu it is as I supposed.

He slept at the outside of the container. Just hangin' there and sleepin'. I wanted to put it inside the container to sleep but it resisted. It was actually stuck there (in my point of view) but then I realized he just wanted to hang there and sleep.

Well, cheerios! Niu-Niu is still sleeping. Shhh...

kindest Regards,
Mabel