Saturday 7 June 2014

Lil taste in carbs

Okay so, I had a lil experiment myself tonight (which is morning in the west side). The doctors said that long term of protein (meat) and fiber (veggies) is not good for the kidney even though it is good for the weight. I am not suggesting you guys to do protein and fiber all the way just to get that "weight". What I am saying is that you need carbs as well to get your energy for the day.

I am an Asian and considered to be stereo typically can't go without carbs which is in the rice I can go without for a very long time and fine with it. And I recently am going back to eating my carbs and I have a problem. I don't really like eating rice unless I am REALLY hungry. Which means that most of the time I have my meal I am not that hungry. Just need to fill up my stomach for energy.

So! To my point and why I posted this.

I was steaming my rice (cause I don't cook it in a big portion that is when you use a rice cooker for that), I decided that plain o' rice is getting boring. So I took out some rosemary and thyme and sprinkle it on top of the water (which is supposed to be at least half the tip of your fore finger). I left it for about 15 minutes (which depends on the proportion that you have) and voila.

Although the herbs are like stuck together into one blob on the rice, and I'm kinda a perfectionist in arts, but it's fine with me. It tasted rather like you are eating the smell of the herbs instead of eating it, that's cause my herbs are not enough.

I would have used basil or bay leaf instead if I still had them but they run out. So yeah, give it a try. Maybe the first time you would instantly fall in love with it or maybe you won't which also takes time cause trial and error makes perfect sometimes.

Give it a try. Maybe you'll find other herbs that works with rice better than I do. Oh and not to mention, herbs meaning that herbs you have, herbs you are willing to give a try or herbs that you like.

So yeah.

Kindest Regards,
Mabel