Sunday 8 December 2013

When I was a kid...

When I was a kid, I have all that the other kids have. All except the leisure, fun, and friends.

For my classmates who are girls, they think of me as a middle person. The kind that you push around and stuff.

For my classmates who are guys, they think of me as someone to tease and mock.

All my elementary years, even when I moved school, it's like that.

Other kids remember about having fun with their friends, reading  playing and doing all sorts of kiddy stuff together.

I remember the ructions I had to go to right after school. I had school from 7 to 12. Then afternoon tuition from 2 to 4. On tues and thurs night, I have tuition again from 7 to 9. Sometimes, I get home around 10.

I didn't get much time even though it is on weekends. On sat, I have maths tuition in the morning. On Sun, I have art class in the morning. Then I have ballet in the afternoon.
There was once when my brother was sick, so he couldn't come to tuition with me. So when the tuition ended, everyone went home except for me.

I had tuition at night that day, if I remember correctly it was a Tuesday. It was almost 6:30pm and no one came to send me home yet. At that time we didn't have any handphones, not because we can't afford but because our parents doesn't want us to misuse it.

6:45pm, my dad came to fetch me. I didn't have time to shower or rest. I just had my dinner, change my tuition bag and then rush for the other tuition.

I was already late but then I was forgiven as it was my first time being late. Although the teacher was very strict but she knows me well as I am a hardworking student so she let me off the hook that time.

There are many things I remember about my childhood but most of them would be studying, homework, getting caned, and being teased.

I also remember that I was scolded by the teachers only because I have the wrong answer to her question or didn't finished the homework given the day before. I told her I have tuition homework as well and she caned me again saying that's an excuse for not doing her homework.

The Wednesday, following the incident on the Tuesday I told you about just now, was the day that I got caned more than 5 times in school and afternoon tuition on my palm for not finishing my homework.