Monday 28 January 2013

Masks of life.

Early yesterday morning.. I mean like very early morning. Early as in 2 or 3 am early yesterday morning, I had a talk with my brother about masks. And I find it rather interesting, so I decided to share it with you guys about what he told me. BUT not in exact words.

We all wear masks in life. Because everywhere we go, we play a role. At home, we play a role as a family member. At school, we play a role as a student body. At work, you play a role as an employee or employer. At the society, you play a role as a citizen, friend, stranger, partner or anything that you may be. But everytime we step into a different environment, we play a different role and we wear a different mask.

We all have to wear a mask so that we can survive out in the society. Just thinking of it, being yourself doesn't get you nowhere because not everyone would accept you the way you are unless they have gone through a motivational class or a class that talks about life. Not everyone goes to that kind of thing so it is hard for them to accept you as who you are out there.

So, even if you want to be yourself, you still have to put on a mask or something to hide yourself. The true you. Because sometimes the "you" inside you may not be a pretty sight. Not saying that everyone doesn't have a pretty sight inside but just some people may not. I am sorry if I have caused some misunderstanding but this is life. And I know I am being too straight-forward but this is life. And we all have to face it. So yeah, tough luck. Therefore, this is the mask of life.

This mask of life is the mask that I am going to put on. But I am only putting it on to cover up the dark side and the unpleasent sight of me. Though some people may think that someone is perfect, but then everybody's got their own dark side. No one is perfect you know? It's the fact. A universal fact that we all have to face. No one in this world is close to perfect because we don't have a perfect to define ourselves to.