Wednesday 27 February 2013

Protein shakes

I know this sounds kinda funny why I would post something like this and it is a shocking thing. But it is because a friend of mine asked me to search and look up for him for some weight gainer powders because he is trying to gain weight for his boxing. However, I went up and look for the products and I thought of something even more cheaper. Something home-made and it is nutritional as well.

Most of the protein shakes that I found out are mostly like ice cubes and some scoops of something that you like. But then I remembered that he wants to know about the side effects as well. However, I find that even more interesting and something worth looking up for. Though it was hard to look up for, but then I managed to find some common ones.

It is said that if you use the protein shakes too excessively, you would have the chances of having liver or kidney problems because they cannot handle the excessive proteins. As we all should know that protein are used or burnt in our body as energy and used to increase the muscle strength. How? It breaks down to amino acid and goes through the liver before dissolved into the blood system through the liver.

What is more interesting is that when you use too much of protein shakes, you may get kidney stones. You will also lose the ability to digest fats and carbs properly because you rbody is already relying on the protein shakes that you are taking. You would also get dehydrated but that can be avoided if you drink lots of water. And you will also have to prepare for hair loss. AND most of all.... you may get ketosis, which is excessive stress on kindey and liver. Which then leads to ketones. It is the break downs of fats which are your proteins but unused for a long time already.

So my friends who are out there and drinking protein shakes... That is about some of the things that I understand from my research of protein shakes. If you want to find out more baout protein shakes please do go ahead. But use them when necessary but I don't really think you need it if you have a perfect and healthy diet. Signing off tonight. See ya when I have time. :D