Tuesday 25 September 2012

Be proud of who you are

Just like how the title says it. “Be proud of who you are”. I got this inspiration from Eminem. There is a song which I think in the lyrics it has something to do with this. So Eminem fans out there, I think you might know it or if you don’t then you might want to go back and try listening to his lyrics when he is rapping…

No matter whom you are or what is it that you do, you have to stand tall with your heads up high and be proud of what you are. ‘Cause there is no other you in this world anymore. We live to be ourselves. Not to impress or please others to their pleasure. We don’t have to be like someone else and end up not knowing who we are at all because if you do that, you might lose yourself.

When you pretend to be like someone else, you are actually putting on a mask of someone else’s live on you. You are living your life for them not yourself. And who on earth would want to do such a thing? I admit I have done it before. It was awful. I mean it. I had been down there myself living my life as someone else but then I have come to resurface and know that this is not me. This is not who I am. I don’t want to be like them. I want to be me. Because I am given a life to make my own choices on which I can get to make my own future so why do I have to go under someone else’s shoes and live my life in their way?

We may think that someone else has a better life than we do but we do not know better. Maybe they are living their lives under shades? We don’t know what they have gone through. They may have had hard times and we don’t know what it is. Taking them as a role model or inspiration is fine but don’t live your life for them. We all are given a life that is free for us to make our own choices and have our own rights in our choices. Make the right choice and be proud of it.

BEING PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE, IS A WAY OF LOVING YOURSELF.