Saturday 17 November 2012

Not worth it

This post is from an inspiration of my Kenyan friend named Edwardo Mahaga. My pal whom I've met on twitter. And if you are asking yes I do have a twitter account. So follow me there! @Mabel_le_genius whereas Ed's is @ Ed_on_the_bed. Or you can ask me questions on http://ask.fm/Mabellegenius and I would be glad to answer you or make it into a post. :)

"Never change for anybody but yourself" - Edwardo Mahaga

I quote from the conversation above from my Kenyan friend who reminded me to not change for anybody but myself. Thank you Ed if you are reading this. Thank you for reminding me that it is not worth it to change for somebody because of what they say or how thy influence you. If we want to change then let ourselves be the reason of the change. If we are changing for others then we are just surrendering ourselves to others hands and let them control us and our lifes.

It is not worth changing for someone else and then after a certain time you realize that you do not like the change that you did to yourself. Then it will be too late to change back. Well, although some of us are lucky enough to change back but what if you are used to it already? What if you don't know yourself anymore?

I'm talking about your own character and personality. Don't change to please someone else. Change for the better if it is needed to be changed. If it is because of someone, changing to make them notice you or know that you exist? Please. Just don't. Not worth it my dear. Not worth it. Because you are you. And you are already perfect the way you are. If you are not the way you are then what is the point of living? You are not living as you. You are living as another you which is the fake you. And it is very "fake". I can assure you that. Just being you is enough. Because we are born to live as ourselves. Not born to impress or please others.