Friday 21 December 2012

Great choices made

"A great choice made is a great choice indeed." -- Mabel

I went to the bookstore yesterday and I made a big choice. As a reader, and a real big reader, I made a choice to put down the book that I was looking for a long time. It was a fictional literature. It is an international bestseller. And as a reader like me, who loves to read, I chose to put down the book and leave it back on the shelf. I realize that I am wasting money on books. Not in a way of wasting money like throwing them to the sea, but more like buying the book but I know that I won't have time for it.

It was the last book on shelf. It took me a year and a few months to wait for it to arrive in the bookstore. Last time, I left it there because my mother won't let me buy it. But this time, I made the choice myself. I decieded to leave it there on the shelf. It doesn't have the same cry for my eyes anymore than it did last time.

That was when I knew that I won't be reading it anymore. I love books just as much as I love myself. Sometimes, I go to the bookstore, I wished that I had enough money to buy it all back. But no. I can't be that selfish. I had to learn how to let go of things that we know we won't have time for it.